Saturday, February 23, 2008


One hard week in the books. Preparing for Baja, this week and next are the toughest in my training plan. Aaron and I have been hitting it pretty hard.

...............................................................Ave.......%
........................Sessions..Hours..Miles..Session..Time
Total Biking.........4...........13.......168.......3.25.....49%
Running...............3.............8.5.......41.......2.85....32%
Paddling..............4.............5..........21........1.25....19%
Total..................11...........26.5....230........2.40

I look at average session time because as an endurance athlete I believe that I get the most benefit from long workouts. During the winter, I try to focus exclusively on Long Slow Distance. I beleive that anything under an hour adds very little to the physiological adaptation I am trying to achieve. After baja, I will begin to layer in shorter speed works.

Also, the balance of workouts looks very good. I am trying to overemphasize my bike because that is my weakest discipline. Normally I would also have some strength training and swimming in the mix but not this week. All core disciplines.

Areas for improvment include continued focus on hills primarily on the bike. It is very apparent that my weakness is hills. While riding I am usually dropped so I need to continue with strength training and add hill repeats to the mix...More Power.

Here is our route from today:
road bike up north at EveryTrail

Map created by EveryTrail:Share GPS tracks




No comments: