Wednesday, December 19, 2007

RVG, Aaron, Maria and I have been spending our Friday nights learning how to roll our kayaks. I would say the RVG is the best so far. We have been having a great time learning with the Outdoor Adventure Center instructors. And it is great to know how we will all react when we roll in the real deal.



These are the guys to call when you want to improve your kayak skills or you want to take your less adventureous friends and family out on an adventure. They lead guided sea kayak tours up in the san Juan Islands, whitewater rafting trips down the Skykomish and many other great adventures.




Jen was commenting on RVG's new found growth. Apparently, it has gotten a bit thicker since Jen got Pregnant.








Practicing our form before we go over and then replicating it once under.


























The boys had the benefit of a practice session the week before the lesson so Maria was at a disadvantage. Below is aaron's first successful roll. Good form except for his upturned head.























I'm am getting some sweep practice before being turned loose on my own. Below is my solo try. I am not sure if the splashing is bubbles or just thrashing about


























We had Bucky there to give us a hand when we couldn't make it.

















Happy face when I actually got er done. Too bad I couldn't repeat with any consistancy


No comments: